2. FLY UGANDA GORILLAS SAFARI
Kampala and Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest N.P
Day 1: Entebbe/Kampala
Arrival at Entebbe International airport, meet and transfer to the hotel in Kampala for overnight. Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis.
Day 2: Kajjansi - Fly to Kihihi - Bwindi National Park/Buhoma
Early breakfast and transfer to Kajjansi airstrip (approximately 15 minutes) for your scheduled flight to Kihihi at 0800 hours (via Kasese). The expected arrival to Kihihi airstrip is 0950 hours. Upon arrival you will be transferred (approximately 2 hours) by 4x4 vehicles to your lodge in Buhoma/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, home of the endangered mountain gorilla. Check in and lunch. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight. Full board accommodation at the lodge/camping.
Day 3: Bwindi Gorilla Tracking/Buhoma
Breakfast and take a short transfer to Bwindi National Park headquarters where you will be met with excellent local guides/rangers and trackers, who will give a talk on the etiquette of gorilla trekking. Thereafter, hike into the forest with your packed lunch. Return to the lodge/camping. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge/camping. Full board accommodation.
In Bwindi NP/Buhoma (Uganda), there are 3 habituated gorilla groups that can be viewing by tourists.
Each group can be visited by a maximum of 8 people per day and the visit lasts only 1 hour.
The trekking can take from 1 to 8 hours and climb to altitudes in excess of 7,500 feet. The terrain is rough
and at times muddy. Although the hike is physically demanding the beauty of the forest and surrounding scenery make the trekking worthwhile. Once the gorillas are located all fatigue is forgotten, as the experience is often described as being the most profound natural history experience in the world. Cameras and plenty of fast speed film is recommended. It can rain at a few minutes’ notice; hence waterproof clothing is a good essential including zip lock bags for cameras and film. It is important to take plenty of water.
Day 4: Bwindi/Buhoma - Kihihi - Fly to Kajjansi - Entebbe (Departure)
Breakfast and transfer to Kihihi airstrip (approximately 2 hours) for your scheduled flight to Kajjansi airstrip at 1010 hours (via Mbarara). The expected arrival to Kajjansi airstrip is at 1200 hours. Then transfer to Entebbe airport for your owardevening departure flight back home. End of Maestro Safaris services.
Tour price Includes:
- Arrival and departure airport transfers as per itinerary
- All other transfers as per itinerary
- Accommodation as indicated on the itinerary
- Transportation on safari in 4x4 van, driven by English-speaking driver/guide (exclusive use of vehicle)
- Return scheduled flights from Kajjansi to Kihihi airstrip in a 10-seater aircraft, maximum baggage allowance is 15kg per person including hand baggage.
- Park entrance fees and activities as per itinerary
- Gorilla tracking permit as indicated in the itinerary
- Mineral water
Tour price Excludes:
- International flights into and out of Uganda.
- Any optional activity.
- Drinks (sodas, beer, wine, spirits...)
- Ugandan visas: single entry visa costs US$50, and it is required for all countries that require visas for Ugandans (principle of reciprocity)
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Tips, telephone and personal expenses
- Any other concept not indicated as included