3 Nights/4 Days.
Mbarara and Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest N.P
Day 1: Entebbe - Mbarara
Arrive Entebbe on morning flight. Transfer to the Uganda Equator for pictures and shopping, and then continue to Masaka, and Mbarara the capital of the Ankhole region well known for their longhorn cows (Approximately 5 hours).
Dinner and overnight at the hotel. Full board accommodation at the hotel.
Day 2: Mbarara - Bwindi Forest Impenetrable National Park
After breakfast depart for southwest through the beautiful evergreen mountain country referred to as the “Switzerland of Africa”. Check in at the lodge and lunch. Afternoon at leisure. You can go for a guided community walk. This is an optional activity and therefore it is not included in the program. Dinner and overnight in the lodge. Full board accommodation in the lodge/camping.
Day 3 Bwindi Gorilla Tracking
Breakfast and take a short walk to Bwindi National Park headquarters where you will meet up with excellent local guides/rangers and trackers, who will give a talk on the etiquette of gorilla trekking. Thereafter, hike into the forest with your packed lunch. Return to the lodge/camping. Evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge/camping. Full board accommodation in the lodge/camping.
In Bwindi National Park/Buhoma (Uganda), there are 3 habituated gorilla groups that can be viewed by tourists.
In Bwindi National Park/Southern sector/Rushaga (Uganda), there are another 3 habitated groups. Each group can be visited by a maximum of 8 people per day and the visit lasts only 1 hour.
The trekking can take from 1 to 8 hours and climb to altitudes in excess of 7,500 feet. The terrain is rough and at times muddy. Although the hike is physically demanding the beauty of the forest and surrounding
scenery make the trekking worthwhile. Once the gorillas are located all fatigue is forgotten, as the experience is often described as being the most profound natural history experience in the world. Cameras and plenty of fast speed film is recommended. It can rain at a few minutes’ notice; hence waterproof clothing is a good essential including zip lock bags for cameras and film. It is important to take plenty of water.
Day 4 Bwindi Gorilla Impenetrable - Entebbe (Departure)
After a morning breakfast, transfer to Entebbe airport (Approximately 10-hour journey) stopping along the way for lunch. You will then continue with your drive and finally transferred to Entebbe International Airport for your onward flight back home. End of Maestro Safaris services.
Tour price Includes:
- Arrival and departure airport transfers as per itinerary
- All other transfers as per itinerary
- Accommodation as indicated on the itinerary
- Transportation on safari in 4x4 van, driven by English-speaking driver/guide (exclusive use of vehicle)
- Park entrance fees and activities as per itinerary
- Gorilla tracking permit as indicated in the itinerary
- Mineral water
Tour price Excludes:
- International flights into and out of Uganda.
- Any optional activity.
- Drinks (sodas, beer, wine, spirits...)
- Ugandan visas: single entry visa costs US$ 50, and it is required for all countries that require visas for Ugandans (principle of reciprocity).
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Tips to drivers/guides, waiters and porters.
- Telephone and personal expenses.
- Any other concept not indicated as included